Education is one of the most important factor for the growth of any country. There are still so many students who just dream of studying abroad especially the students belongs to SC/ST communities and other backward classes as they are are not financially capable of doing their higher studies from abroad. As there are many expenses like their course fee, airfare to the country to which they want to do their higher studies, lodging and boarding charges etc. All of these kind of expenses can not be affordable by them. So keeping this in mind government of Karnataka launches Prabudhha scheme for financially backward minor communities.
Karnataka’s Prabuddha Yojana
- The government of Karnataka launched this scheme with the main objective of providing a chance to SC/ST students to study abroad for their higher studies.
- Under this scheme 250 students for undergraduate courses and 150 for doctorate and post graduate courses will be selected.
- Under this scheme educational expenses will be provided to the students on the basis of their family annual income.
- Only the students of Karnataka can get the benefit from this scheme.
- The government of Karnataka marked an annual budget of 120 crore for this scheme.
Karnataka’s Prabuddha Yojana Benifits
- Only the students of Karnataka can avail the benefits of this scheme.
- Students whose family annual income is less than 8 lakh will get 100% educational expenses.
- Students whose family annual income is more than 8 lakh but less than 15 lakh will get 50% educational expenses.
- Students whose family annual income exceeds 15 lakh will get 33% educational expenses.
- There will be of 33% special reservation for women candidates and 4% for differently abled students per year.
Karnataka’s Prabuddha Yojana Eligibility
- Students should be a resident of Karnataka.
- Student should belong to SC/ST category.
- Student should have passed out from the previous standard in order to get admitted to the higher studies.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Residential proof
- Educational Qualifications certificates
- Aadhaar card
Karnataka’s Prabuddha Yojana Online Apply
- Open the given link.
- Now click on Registration.
- A new page will appear, now carefully read and fill the required details.
- Click on submit button.
- You can also take the print-out of your registration form.